The Shops at Tohono ChulShop Online!
The Shops at Tohono Chul have garnered local awards and offer unique shopping in Tucson. Each individual shop promotes local artwork and educational items that enrich your experience of the Park and your visit to Tucson. Open daily from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Local & unique art and gifts
• Regional Desert Foods and Teas
• Preeminent destination for Southwest books
• Hand-selected with impeccable taste by the Director of Retail
• Educational and fun children’s gifts
• Handcrafted native jewelry
• Oaxacan Carvings & Mata Ortiz Pottery
• Large selection of cactus and other arid-adapted unique plants, including the famous Night Blooming Cereus (Peneocereus greggi) and our patent pending “Red Headed Beauty” penstemon
• No Sales Tax on purchases and proceeds of your purchase go to maintain the Park.
Located adjacent to the Garden Bistro, it is nestled in the Wilson’s original Spanish colonial style home, it features contemporary pottery, educational and award winning children’s books, Southwest foods and cookbooks, many featuring local Tucson authors. Local southwest art is displayed in this quaint building that is also the cornerstone of the Park’s history.
Located adjacent to the exhibit house, it was originally a Santa Fe Style home built in 1937. In the 80’s, the building was renovated to house this charming shop and still includes the garage’s brick floors and carriage windows. It has views of the center of the Park, shaded by lush desert landscaping and home to birds, reptiles and mammals.
Items in this shop include Native American jewelry, Mata Ortiz pottery, Oaxacan folk art (Alebrijes) and a great selection of southwest books, Tucson hiking maps, field guides and educational materials.
The Greenhouse is the Park’s horticultural backbone. Low water use arid plants and cacti are available for sale in the Greenhouse and our Curator of Plants often mingles with the public, providing undaunting advice for the newcomer as well as experienced desert gardener. Most of these specimens can be seen thriving in their natural environment throughout the gardens and include the Park’s first patent pending plant, the Red Headed Beauty. There is a wide selection of plant books, garden accessories, and environmentally friendly products that will benefit your desert garden, or intrigue your friends back home. To learn more about the arid-adapted and cold hardy plants available in our Greenhouse please click here.
Your new treasure helps maintain ours.