It’s been a good week! The two I mentioned in last week’s Bloom Watch went, one bud on June 8 and other on June 10. The majority are still in stall and the small ones are trying to catch up. This is the time when she begins to do it her way, and if I’m not on my game she will do something behind my back. I’m confident enough right now though to take today off. I didn’t tell her as I don’t want her to have a plan. I will check tomorrow to see if I got away with it or if she has started to make her move. At any rate, she can’t get there before next week at the earliest.
In an effort to find out what triggers the stall break I’ve been watching the weather and we have run the full spectrum of analyses. The temperatures were hot then cooled off, the humidity went up and then down, and still no major movement. The forecast shows we are set for another sharp increase in temperature, so we’ll see.
The P. fosterianus, P. tepalcatpecanus, and P. oaxacensis are still holding, although it appears that one of the tepalcatepecanus buds is on the move as of yesterday afternoon.
More information to come soon, so stay tuned as I will make the announcement once she finally whispers, “I am ready to move forward”. Until then, stay cool and start gathering your hiking boots and flashlights.
Until Next Time – Lee Mason, Director of General Services, Tohono Chul